EVault Architecture and Infrastructure
Every EVault solution shares common modules and a single technology platform that spans deployment types—software, SaaS, appliances—and supports multiple platforms and applications, all backed by a robust cloud infrastructure.
A Single Technology Platform for Every Deployment
EVault products and services function as a seamlessly integrated data protection “ecosystem.” So whether you choose an on-premise, cloud-based, or hybrid solution, you can easily mix and match components, and change them as your needs evolve.
Three Key EVault Modules
EVault Agents, Director, and CentralControl are common to every EVault solution.
- EVault Agents—Software installed on each protected system communicates with the target server, or Vault, to initiating ongoing, delta backups perform adaptive compression and encryption.
- EVault Director—Software that authenticates and accepts backup data, which it then stores and manages in separate storage pools in its Vault. Typically stored on appliance or a storage subsystem at the customer site or in the EVault cloud.
- EVault CentralControl—An easy-to-use console enabling central administration, role-based security assignments, job scheduling, retention policy creation, management of multiple EVault Agents and backup jobs, and fast point-and-click restores.
Broad Platform and Application Support
EVault protects nearly any combination of platforms and applications (which can be backed up "hot' while online), including:
- Microsoft Windows
- Linux (Red Hat, SUSE and CentOS)
- Sun Solaris
- IBM AIX
- IBM i
- Novell NetWare
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Oracle databases (on Windows, Solaris, and Linux)
The EVault Cloud: Meets Top-Tier and SSAE 16 Requirements
Twelve geo-redundant data centers built with the highest standards for storage infrastructure quality.
- Meets top-tier rating reqirements of the Uptime Institute
- SSAE 16 compliant (SAS 70 Type II-certified every year since 2002)
- ISO 9001:2000 certified
- 99.98 percent (at least) availability
- Lights always on: 24/7 expert staffing ready whenever you need help
- Data encrypted (NIST AES) in transit and at rest
- Data replicated across geographies
- Fully redundant power equipment and network components
- Security clearance and biometric verification required